Adaptronic Modular Rx8 PNP
Out of Stock
Adaptronic Modular Rx8 PNP ecu is based upon the M2000, but with an Rx8 Series 1 specific connector that allows you to plug the unit right into your OEM wiring harness. Unlike the select series Rx8 ecus, this unit completely replaces the OEM ecu. The modular Rx8 ecu now controls the OEM Rx8 DBW throttle body( or any aftermarket DBW that has been coded by Adaptronic HQ). Additionally it now can control the OEM Rx8 OMP, and fans if desired. You do have to to use any of the above, for example you can use a cable driven throttle body if you want to. The modular Rx-8 ecu has 8 fuel & ignition drivers, and can sequentially control up to a 4 rotor, or V8 engine swap. This unit communicates with the OEM dash, traction control, ABS, etc. You will not lose any function found on the OEM chassis. Unlike other Modular PNP ecus, the Rx8 comes with a DBW control out of the box( not removable like standard modules), and room for one small module upgrade( real time module, small output, analog input module, additional DBW module). The modular Rx8 ecu no longer requires the SSI for fuel or oil pressure inputs, and additional fuel temperature/pressure are now apart of the advanced fuel model. This unit is also roughly 10x faster than the previous select models; 2X 32B 120MHZ processors; 1 per control board, and 1 per big output module( each additional optional module has its own 32MB 120MHZ processor, so processor speeds never slow down with expansion).
More information is available on our blog.
- Modular ECU design; Ability to internally add modules to expand hardware without buying a complete new ecu.
- Built in Oscilloscope; to aid in external hardware & wiring faults etc
- Built in Simulator to test ecu logic & input/outputs without engine running
- User definable gauge displays & maps with warning presets
- 32MB Inbuilt logging 32 MB ( 32678 KB)
Max 30 hrs @ 10 Hz( 100 m/s sample rate) , 13 channels Min 20 mins @ 100 Hz( 10m/s sample rate), 125 channels of on-board logging to flash
- Bigger maps( 32 x 32) and more of them compared to Select Models
- 3 axis accelerometer (G sensor) and rate gyro
- “Wifi” Wireless communication
- Arbitrary Logic Function( easier version of the advanced mode in the current E1280s– the ability to implement any software logic you want- in development).
- Multiple tuning modes including Volumetric Efficiency for accurate & easy tuning. Modular units now include fuel pressure in the VE tuning strategy, in additional to fuel temperature and exhaust manifold back pressure.
- Advanced trigger fault detection with variable filtering etc
- Advanced Adaptive Fuel & Ignition Control including 100% configurable tolerances, loop gains, & conditions for automated AFR, IDLE, & Transient Throttle Control( Closed Loop Self Tuning).
- Full Sequential Fuel & Ignition Control– Direct fire capable( 4 individual coils on a 2 rotor, up to 8 total-will run a 20B, 4 Rotor, 4/6/8 cylinder properly), and Individual Rotor/Cylinder Injector Trim( individual control up to 8 injectors)
- OMP, OEM DBW Throttle Body & Stock Fan Control
- 2x Internal 4 bar MAP sensor for engines running as high as 40 psi of boost( 4 total supported, 2 internal, and 2 external).
- Advanced Engine Protection Features– definable rev limiters for engine lean out, low oil, fuel or auxiliary pressures, etc.
- Traction & Launch Control configuration( Traction control requires traction control module upgrade at additional cost)
- Integrated 3.5mm headphone jack for real-time listening to knock
- E85 Flex Fuel Control for maintaining accurate injection rates utilizing real-time ethanol content & fuel temp monitoring. (Requires Flex Fuel Sensor). May require real time module for certain engine swaps that use all 3 CAS channels for engine triggering( crank, and 2x cam triggers combinations)
- Built in Boost Control Software including Boost by Gear using OEM transmission sensors
- 3x Spare 0-5v analogue input
- 4x temperature inputs( air, coolant, fuel), 2x liquid(fuel & oil) inputs
- 1x can output
- Water/Alcohol Injection & Nitrous Control
- Integrated Diagnostic LED’s for easy visual confirmation of proper Trigger, Fuel Injection, & Ignition System operation.
- Instant Dual MAP Switching capability for street & track vehicles!
- User Configurable Sensors – compatible with any and all senors like FFE trigger wheels, or GM AIT or ECT sensors
- 4x Serial Ports(2 in/2 out) connection for zero soldering wideband o2 sensor, dash connections etc
- Race Dash Integration via Serial Output or Can
- Innovative Wideband/TC-4/SSI-4 Daisy Chain Compatible via serial connection.
- PLX Multi Display Gauge & Android App Compatible for real-time engine parameter display.
- If OEM harness is not available or in good condition; Adaptronic Wire In Models(M2000/M6000) are available with either flying lead or terminated wiring harnesses.
- Available for S1 Rx8s only, S2 require a wire in M1200/M2000/m6000 ecu( M2000/M6000 with DBW modular required for DBW control)- See video below for S2 cars
- Easy to use updated Eugene software with USB connection to PC’s running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10
- 12 Month Warranty
In addition to this the ECU also monitors battery voltage (obviously), the 5V sensor output voltage, internal temperature, sensor ground voltage (the ECU can switch this ground on or off, so you can use this to check for common ground loop problems). Please note the RX8 PNP is not waterproof, like the M2000(IP67 rated) ecu. The OEM Rx-8 wiring harness plug is not waterproof.
This unit has the same inputs and outputs as the M2000, with the following exceptions:
- This PNP(plug and play) has a few complementary outputs, so the OMP for example has 4 wires, but 2 of them are always the inverse of the other 2, so you can do it with only using 2 outputs – whereas you’d need 4 outputs on the wire-in models(m2000/m6000).
The Rx8 Modular PNP has the same basic I/O as the wiring M2000 unit, which is the following;
- 8 injector outputs – unused injector outputs can be low side drives for solenoids etc
- 8 ignition outputs – unused ignition outputs can be low side drives for relays et
- 4 push-pull aux outputs
- All 20 are PWM capable.
- 1 dedicated low side output for either EFI relay or fuel pump on/off. On the plug and play we use this for the fuel pump relay
- 1 dedicated tacho output
- 22 outputs (compared to 15 on the Select).
This PNP unit has the following inputs;
- 2 internal 4-bar MAP sensors
- 2 external MAP inputs (you can read all 4 at once, unlike on the Select where you need to select either internal or external)
- 4 temperature inputs (coolant, air, fuel, oil- No SSI required like on the Select Models)
- 2 liquid pressure inputs (fuel and oil- No SSI required)
- 2 TPS inputs (although really you’d only use 1 – we include 2 so it can be pedal position on a drive by wire installation)
- 2 analog O2 sensor inputs
- 3 other 0-5V inputs (we normally use one for the oil metering feedback)
- 1 knock input( M6000 wire in model is required for dual knock input)